1. Missing: little Suzu, my niece cat. She stayed with us while my brother and his family were away traveling. It was so nice to have a kitty in the house again! Every since sweet Bailey passed, there's been a void in our home. One that can only be filled with purrs and fur. I think I'm finally ready for another forever feline friend.
2. Reading: American Pastoral by Philip Roth - our next book club selection. Have you read it? I'm only through the first chapter, but I can already foresee some late night page-turning in my immediate future. Prior to this, we finished Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. Which I loved so much, it deserves it's own blog post... coming soon!
3. Munching: on Nature Box's healthy snacks. I finally jumped on board and took advantage of their free sample pack. Pleased as punch! This week, I nibbled on jalepeno cashews, a cranberry medley, strawberry greek yogurt pretzels, garden tomato crunchies, and my favorite: garlic parmesan pop pops - half-popped kernels like the ones you get at the bottom of the popcorn bowl. I gobbled those up in 30 seconds flat.
4. Planning: a mother-daughter trip to New Mexico! We've been wanting to do this for years and finally got serious about a getaway in May. We're hoping to squeeze in the Breaking Bad tour in Albuquerque, a few museums and restaurants in Santa Fe, and some natural mineral hot springs in Taos. Anything else we should check out? If you've been there before, I'd love your suggestions.
5. Keeping: a secret. I have big news to share with you all, but mum's the word for now. More info soon, I promise!
What have you been up to lately?