Yesterday I turned another year older, another year wiser. Hal and I quietly celebrated early over the weekend with a little getaway to the Quinault Rainforest. I'll show you some photos next week! It's such a beautiful winter escape.
Back in Seattle, my actual birthday was just as swell. I started the day with a relaxing jaunt in one of these. Hal brought home ingredients for a massive cheese plate lunch. We doubled over in laughter trying to make this agro-yoga partner pose happen in our living room - don't ask why! I picked up some basil and grapefruit essential oils from our local apothecary shop for my new MUJI aroma diffuser. We ate comfort food for dinner at a nearby gastropub. And inhaled a vegan molten lava cake for dessert. When I realized I hadn't blown out a single candle, Hal drew this on a piece of scrap paper, stuck a candle in the top, and sang a very fine rendition of Happy Birthday. I closed my eyes, held his hand, and made a wish.
For the bday babes in your life, enjoy these celebratory Etsy Faves ....
- Tassel Garland by Paper Fox LA
- Vintage Long Skinny Candles by Cowboy Goods
- Giant 36" Orange Balloon by Love Garlands
- Birthday Print by Coulour Moon
- Hand-Lettered Celebrate Stamp by Besotted Brand
- Parisian Perpetual Birthday Calendar by Pei Design
- Bamboo Birthday Plates & Forks by Sucre Shop
- Jumbo Confetti by Lola's Confetti Shop