1. Packing: for a quickie trip to Park City, Utah. Hal's buddy is an airline pilot and was kind enough to fly us out to stay with him and his family for a few days. Can't wait to put my snow boots, warm hats and mittens to use. We'll even catch the tail end of Sundance! I've never been before - have you? We didn't pre-purchase any tickets, but I'm still hoping to catch a last-minute film or two!
2. Smiling: as I go through photos from our 3 Little Birds movie Sing-Along event this past Saturday. We projected Frozen on our big white brick wall and invited local families to our music studio to sing along with Elsa and Anna. We taught the kids how to warm up their voices and how to keep the blue balloon "snowballs" up in the air whenever it snowed on screen. We were expecting maybe 5 people. And ended up with 40! It was such a proud moment for us as owners, seeing our space filled to the brim with happy, silly songbirds dressed up as princesses, dancing and belting out their favorite tunes. We're planning to host a different musical sing-along each month!
3. Obsessing: over Serial. I'm a little late to the game, but my book club girls just told me about this spin-off of This American Life and warned me I'd be hooked after Episode 1. They were right! If you haven't listened to the podcast yet - it's a true story that investigates the death of a 17-year old girl and the ex-boyfriend who was convicted of her murder and who continues to protest his innocence. My post-Serial withdrawals even led me to Google what has happened since the final episode aired.
4. Cooking: Oh My Veggies meal plans. This is my new favorite vegetarian food blog. Kiersten and her team go above and beyond to create delicious and affordable dinner ideas for the week, complete with a printable shopping list. It feels good to be organized. I'm working on this particular meal plan right now - mmm, the posole soup is to die for. Since Hal makes his own meaty meals, I'm cooking for one these days. Which means lots of leftovers for lunches, quick re-heating options for when you're low on energy, and grocery shopping only 2x a month.
5. Listening: to A Soft Murmur. It's a web app that provides ambient sounds to wash away distraction while you work. As I type, there's a fire crackling in the corner, a gentle thunderstorm rumbling in the distance, and quiet coffee shop clatter that makes me feel like I'm working in a room full of people. It's so cool, guys. Tomorrow, I may be at the ocean with crashing waves. Or inside a yoga studio with Tibetan singing bowls. You can play sounds with other sounds, adjusting the volume of each as if you're at mixing board. Try it!
I guess this series should be called 'Life In Six' today, because I couldn't resist adding one more....
6. Prepping: for the big game on Sunday. So pumped! I got my new Russell Wilson jersey tee. Hal's got his new Seahawks cap. Found some snack recipes to make. We are set. I'm not sure what the odds are of winning two Super Bowls in a row, but if anyone can do it, Seattle can with the help of the 12th man! I love how football brings our city together. GO HAWKS!
What have you been up to lately?