Last weekend I had every good intention to decorate for the holidays. Normally, this doesn't happen until later in the month. But we had our first snowfall and everything felt so magical. I flicked on the fire, cranked up Christmas tunes, lit a few candles, and opened the door to our doll-sized storage closet. Everything ended there.
Our holiday decorations were buried in the very back, underneath a mess of pet fountains, Halloween costumes, recycled gift bags and a gaggle of other miscellaneous much-needed junk. Then I glanced over to the only corner of our house that could possibly fit our white faux tree. It was consumed by my art supplies and projects which have no intention of moving at any time in the near future. I was, however, able to wrangle up the twinkle lights. So at least there's that. Now they're draped over the fireplace and although we have no stockings or mistletoe, they do a fine job of cozying up our space for the holidays. With tiny homes, you make do!
Have you decorated for the holidays yet? Here are some Etsy Faves to inspire.....
- Geometric Wood Ornaments by Bueno Market
- Deer Stocking Hanger by Gary Grubb
- Hand-Crafted Peppermint Bark by Apothecary's Kitchen
- Christmas Knit Wrapping Paper by Norman's Printery
- Vintage Letter Cubes by Hilltop Cottage
- DIY Advent Calendar by June and August
- Star Paper Lantern String Lights by SmileCotton
- Chalkboard Gift Tags by Banter & Charm