I love lists. So I've come up with a new column, Life In Five, where I give you a brief scoop of things I've been up to lately in five easily digestible bits...
1. READING: E-Squared by Pam Grout. It provides 9 DIY energy experiments that prove our thoughts create our reality. Her tone is slightly annoying, but the information is downright fascinating. I just finished the first experiment - ask the universe for a gift/blessing in 48 hours - and it worked! Granted, my birthday was this week, so is that cheating? I'll repeat the experiment tomorrow and see how it goes.
2. WATCHING: Girls. So happy the new season is here. I don't get HBO but I marathon it from illegal streaming sites (shhh) on my iPad. Some of my gal pals aren't fans of the show, but I think it's brilliant.
3. ADMIRING: this 13-year old boy who spoke at a TEDx event about hacking his education in order to be happy and healthy when he grows up. He makes me look at home-schooling in a whole new light.
4. EATING: Starbucks hearty veggie & rice bowls. Have you tried them yet? Full of healthy goodness: kale, butternut squash, broccoli, peas, red beets, and roasted tomatoes over brown rice with lemon tahini dressing on the side. I'm hooked.
5. PRACTICING: with Bruynzeel Design Aquarel watercolor pencils, which I'm testing out in the floral piece above. My sweet husband gave me a set for my birthday. They're soft and creamy and blend nicely with water. I look forward to sharing more artwork with you in the future.
What have you been reading, watching, admiring, eating and practicing as of late?