Well folks, it was time for a makeover.
I'm not a professional graphic designer by any means, but this blog has forced me rev up my design skills. Taking Blogshop was the absolute best investment for myself. I can finally say, after a year of blogging with Photoshop knowledge, and DIYing a crazy amount of wedding projects, that I feel comfortable (gasp) as a designer. Who knew?
SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
1. I switched the sidebar to the right side. I think it makes the post content stand out more, since people read from left to right. I also converted one large sidebar into two smaller ones. It feels slightly more cluttered, but I tried to keep it as clean as possible so that my ad space shows above the fold.
2. A new logo. I was fond of my old one, but sometimes a girl just needs a change. I like that this one is minimalistic and geometric.
3. A new profile pic. Quite frankly, I was tired of looking at my serious face. This blog needs a happy smiling one!
4. The About page is updated, with some fun facts.
5. I embedded two of my favorite social media feeds into the sidebar: Instagram and Pinterest. Still working on the Pinterest one - it's a little tricky.
6. Notice the calligraphy dividers? I wanted to incorporate my new hobby into the mix.
7. The color palette has changed, but is similar. If you remember my wedding colors, I obviously can't get enough minty green and emerald. I added a pop of mango to the rollover links.
A NOTE ABOUT CONTENT:
With all the creative endeavors I'm pursuing this year, my posts may be a little more infrequent. I want to focus on quality over quantity. So you never miss a post, please make sure to JOIN THE TRIBE and my feed will be delivered to your inbox weekly.
And in an attempt to be more authentic, more ME, I'll only be posting original content from here on out, with some new columns in the works.. stay tuned!
There are a few more things to tweak (I'm still having font issues) so please excuse any strangeness in the next few weeks. Overall I'm pretty happy with the new and improved Happiness Is. I hope you feel cozy and welcome in the new space!